Papers are invited for the 2nd International Conference: Approaches to Digital Discourse Analysis – ADDA 2, which will take place in Turku, May 23–25, 2019.
This conference aims to bring together researchers interested in the analysis of digital discourse from different disciplines, approaches and traditions. Thus, it seeks to foster state-of-the-art debates and discussions on this burgeoning field of research and provide opportunities for multidisciplinary and critical reflection.
Confirmed plenary speakers
Pilar G. Blitvich – University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Carey Jewitt – University College London
Rodney H. Jones – Reading University
Tuija Virtanen – Åbo Akademi University, Finland
Papers are invited from discourse scholars from different traditions focusing on digital discourse and other relevant fields, among others:
- Theoretical approaches to digital discourse analysis
- Research methods in digital discourse analysis
- Critical digital discourse analysis
- Micro analysis of digital discourse
- Digital genres
- Discourse and identities in the digital world
- Multimodality and digital discourse
- Conflict in digital discourse
- Digital discourse and the professions
- Digital service encounters
- Political discourse in the digital age
- Gender and the digital media
- Digital discourse and journalism
- Digital discourse and education
- Digital discourse and health
- Digital discourse and society
- Digital discourse in games
- Any other relevant field related to digital discourse
Panel and paper proposals – technical issues
Abstracts of no more than 350 words, including references, are invited. The deadline for abstract submission for panels is Oct 1, and for indivual papers Nov 1.
Panel proposals: Panel proposals are invited by Oct 1, 2018. Decisions will be notified by Jan 31, 2019. Abstracts of no more than 350 words, including references, are invited. Individual panel members should also submit abstracts, marking the Panel name, to the abstract submission system below by Oct 1, 2018. All abstracts, both in panels and as individual papers, will be subject to double blind peer review.
Deadline extension: please send the abstracts by Nov 30, 2018.
When sending an abstract, please choose “long presentation” for a standard 20min. + 10min. presentation.
- Panel proposals deadline Oct 1, 2018
- Individual paper proposals deadline Nov 1, 2018
- Notification of acceptance will be sent by Jan 31, 2019
Printable version of CFP: ADDA flyer